Discover Social Media for Accommodation!
Hospitality industry has pioneered embracing of Social Media to increase profits.
2011 Accommodation Owners Survey
Revealed by Samantha Tobin on February 17, 2011
TripAdvisor ®, the world’s largest travel site*, today announced the results of its first annual survey of more than 1,000 U.S. accommodation owners — hoteliers, B&B owners and innkeepers — who revealed their plans to attract travelers in 2011 and increase repeat customers.
According to the TripAdvisor survey, most property owners expect room rates will either hold steady (51 percent) or decrease (four percent), while 45 percent expect rates to increase. Yet, owners appear to be investing in their properties, as 61 percent said they are planning renovations to the interior of their properties in 2011. Forty-two percent of survey respondents said they are planning renovations to the exterior of their properties this year.
Most owners also appear to be embracing online engagement with consumers, as 57 percent expect their social media marketing budgets to increase this year versus last year. Thirty-seven percent with social media budgets expect them to stay the same, and only six percent anticipate social media budget cuts. Meanwhile, virtually all owners surveyed (99 percent) plan to respond to online guest reviews.
Survey respondents also offered insights into a range of other hospitality industry trends, from mobile marketing to plans to implement green programs this year.
Mobile Marketing is a Growing Trend
* 27 percent of survey respondents plan to launch programs, for the first time in 2011, to engage with travelers using mobile devices.
* Another 27 percent indicated that they had offered such programs last year and will continue to do so this year.
* 46 percent have no plans to offer programs to engage travelers using mobile devices in 2011.
Responding to Online Guest Reviews in 2011
* 72 percent will respond to both positive and negative reviews.
* 14 percent will respond only to negative reviews.
* 13 percent will respond only to positive reviews.
* One percent have no plans to respond to reviews.
From 2011 Accommodation Owners Survey Revealed by Samantha Tobin on February 17, 2011
Smart Social Media for Accommodation and Hospitality Industry.
Establish on-line presence on Twitter, Facebook and beyond
Commit to participation. DIY vs outsourcing.
Your visitors are your best advocates - that's what Social Media is really about!
Social Media vs Other Media: What Makes Social Media Special
Even though everyone can show you stats, Social Media allows you to know exactly what is happening and when. It may be disheartening to watch...
Delivered on time!
You can choose the timing of your message, even the audience! Imagine that - rather than trying to fit your message to the audience you can pick and choose person by person ...
Discover Social Media Benefits
|Connect with Eva-Maria|
Your Guide to Mastery
- Social Media for Accommodation
- Social Media for Speakers
- Social Media for Automotive Industry
- Social Media for Dentists
- Social Media for Education & Training
- Social Media for GrandParents
- Social Media for Hair & Beauty Industry
- Social Media for Home Based Businesses
- Social Media for Medical Specialists
- Social Media for Parents
- Social Media for Professional Services
- Social Media for Real Estate
- Social Media for Recruitment
- Social Media for Retail
- Social Media for Schools
- Social Media for Trade
- Free Social Network Marketing Course
- Facebook Profits
- 350 Tips for Social Networking
- Personal Branding Theme
- Bookmarking Demon